Amanda-Users

Dump only files that match a specific pattern?

2006-01-24 04:58:59
Subject: Dump only files that match a specific pattern?
From: Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:44:16 +0100
I have a disk containing all sorts of temporary data etc. that I haven't included in the amanda config so far. Now I've found, however, that there are *some* files on this disk that I want to back up after all. I can quite easily set up a file matching pattern that would include all those files (and nothing else), while writing one that matches everything I do not want on the backup would be a lot harder. So I would really like to be able to say (in disklist) "include only the files matching", where I'd normally say "include all files except".

In other words, I'm looking for an option that does exactly the opposite of "exclude". Is there anything like that? I know, there is "include" of course, but if I specify a pattern there, amcheck says

[include must start with './': <pattern> ]

so it may not be what I want.

Help, anyone?

- Toralf