Amanda-Users

gnutar error messages configurable?

2006-01-13 02:09:40
Subject: gnutar error messages configurable?
From: Josef Wolf <jw AT raven.inka DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 07:47:27 +0100
Hello!

I get from gnutar the following error messages:

  ? gtar: ./media/floppy: Cannot savedir: No medium found
  ? gtar: ./media/floppy: Warning: Cannot savedir: No medium found
  | gtar: ./tmp/.X11-unix/X0: socket ignored
  | gtar: ./tmp/ssh-cqLX19675/agent.19675: socket ignored
  | Total bytes written: 6649047040 (6.2GiB, 2.4MiB/s)
  ? gtar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
  sendbackup: error [/bin/tar returned 2]

The /media directory is handled by an automounter, hence the error message.
I have tried to

  define dumptype default {
    program  "GNUTAR"
    compress client best
    exclude  list optional ".amanda.exclude"
    index    yes
    # strategy "incronly"
  }

and put "/media" into /.amanda.exclude on that host, but this doesn't seem to
help.

Now I wonder whether the expected error messages from gnutar are configurable
somehow.  The "Cannot savedir: No medium found" is probably something that
should not be a fatal error and cause amanda to throw away the whole dump?

Bye.