Amanda-Users

Re: amadmin export segfaults after first host?

2006-01-10 12:55:44
Subject: Re: amadmin export segfaults after first host?
From: Ian Turner <ian AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:50:58 -0500
On Tuesday 10 January 2006 12:24 pm, Graeme Humphries wrote:
> As a followup, the planner started segfaulting when it *wasn't* compiled
> with -O2, so I had to go back to -O2 for most things. Really strange. :)

If you set your ulimit (for amdump) to allow core dumps, then if any of the
amanda server daemons crash, they will leave a core file in your config-file
directory. Backtrace the core file, and we can fix the segfualt. :-)

Let me know if you need more detailed instructions.

--Ian
--
Zmanda: Open Source Data Protection and Archiving.
        http://www.zmanda.com