Amanda-Users

Re: amadmin export segfaults after first host?

2006-01-03 14:53:42
Subject: Re: amadmin export segfaults after first host?
From: Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>
To: "Amanda (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 13:36:38 -0600
Ian Turner wrote:

AFAIK, when you get funky output like this, it means that the innermost function was compiled with -fomit-frame-pointer, which basically means the debugging output is useless.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that I have anything helpful to say.
This was very helpful. I modified the Debian compile script to remove the "-O2" from the compile (to try and get a better backtrace), and now it no longer segfaults. I guess I'll have to file a bug with Debian about that, and to any Amanda devs listening, it might be worth mentioning in the official build docs not to use -O* on some of those tools. ;)

Graeme