Amanda-Users

Re: amrestore: could not stat disklist:/var2/amandadumps/tape02

2006-01-05 01:34:12
Subject: Re: amrestore: could not stat disklist:/var2/amandadumps/tape02
From: Ong Loeng Seng <loeng.ong AT vicscouts.asn DOT au>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 17:18:37 +1100
Hi Paul,

I understand now. Thanks.

However, I 've got another problem : when I run amrecover -C "DailySet1"

Setting restore date to today (2006-01-05)
200 Working date set to 2006-01-05.
Scanning /var/tmp...
200 Config set to DailySet1.
200 Dump host set to myhost.mynetwork.com.
Trying disk / ...
Trying disk rootfs ...
Can't determine disk and mount point from $CWD
'/usr/local/amanda-2.4.5p1'
amrecover> setdisk /etc/amanda
200 Disk set to /etc/amanda.
No index records for disk for specified date
If date correct, notify system administrator

My amanda configuration, includes this ...
indexdir "/var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/index"      # index directory

define dumptype hard-disk-tar {
    comment "Back up to hard disk instead of tape - using tar"
    holdingdisk no
    index yes
    priority high
    program "GNUTAR"
    strategy noinc
}

and my disklist file content:
myhost.mynetwork.com /etc/amanda hard-disk-tar

This is the content
of /var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/index/myhost.mynetwok.com/_etc_amanda
-rw-------  1 amanda disk  115 Jan  5 16:50 20060105_0.gz

It was okay before I do chmod 755 to amaespipe and amgtar files
Following are the files:
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root   2244 Jan  5 12:06 amaespipe
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root    554 Jan  5 12:04 amgtar

I thought it was a script, so I need to do chmod, am I right? Because
amanda was complaining about GNUTAR program, which should execute amgtar
instead of tar. Since then, it got index problem. I don't understand
why?
Then I thought I might need to reconfigure and recompile amanda, which I
did, but the problem still persists.

Did I miss something?