Amanda-Users

amflush 2.4.3 hanging?

2006-01-05 05:22:33
Subject: amflush 2.4.3 hanging?
From: Wim Baetens <wim.baetens AT kimotion DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:05:27 +0100
Hi,

Is anyone aware of amflush 2.4.3 not doing what it's supposed to do?

Here's the situation: I have a few backups on the holding disk that
failed to write to tape. I made sure that the correct tape is loaded,
and amcheck runs as expected. I launched amflush 2.4.3 in foreground
mode, which gives me correct list of backups. I select the first
backup to be flushed and confirm to proceed.

amflush launches, writes the tape header, but then just sits there,
consuming about 97% of the system resources. After a long time, the
only solution is to kill amflush and do an amcleanup. Last nights
backup was successful, but I'm still stuck with the three backups from
the past days that need to flushed. I admit I have no clue of how to
proceed - any help would be welcome.

Thanks!

Wim