Amanda-Users

Re: /etc/dumpdates

2006-01-03 14:24:03
Subject: Re: /etc/dumpdates
From: Kevin Till <kevin.till AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Kevin Till <kevin.till AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 11:09:16 -0800
One data point, I enabled SELinux's targeted policy:

[ktill@boston ~]$ sestatus
SELinux status:         enabled
SELinuxfs mount:        /selinux
Current mode:           permissive
Mode from config file:  permissive
Policy version:         18
Policy from config file:targeted

Policy booleans:
allow_ypbind            inactive
dhcpd_disable_trans     inactive
httpd_disable_trans     inactive
httpd_enable_cgi        active
httpd_enable_homedirs   active
httpd_ssi_exec          active
httpd_tty_comm          inactive
httpd_unified           active
mysqld_disable_trans    inactive
named_disable_trans     inactive
named_write_master_zonesinactive
nscd_disable_trans      inactive
ntpd_disable_trans      inactive
portmap_disable_trans   inactive
postgresql_disable_transinactive
snmpd_disable_trans     inactive
squid_disable_trans     inactive
syslogd_disable_trans   inactive
winbind_disable_trans   inactive
ypbind_disable_trans    inactive

amanda( 2.5.0b1) backup and recover work fine.
Does anyone else have successful or failure cases on amanda running on selinux to report?

Thanks!

--Kevin

Kevin Till wrote:
Paul Seniuk wrote:

Matt,

Well you were right and that worked. Annoying story to it ...collegue
decided to upgrade the box to FC4 and not tell me.
The upgrade turned SELinux on by default.

Hi Paul,

so what was the real problem? FC4 installation changed the owner on /etc/dumpdates?

My understanding is that FC4 only enforces targeted policy which only protectes a few daemons and amanda is not one of them. So amanda should work fine even when selinux (default targeted policy) is enabled.

Thanks!

--Kevin

Paul Seniuk
Hosting Division,