Amanda-Users

Re: Using DRDB and disks for tapes.

2005-09-26 10:17:50
Subject: Re: Using DRDB and disks for tapes.
From: Owen Williams <williams AT dmu.ac DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:11:31 +0100 (BST)
A colleague and I are thinking of getting two large RAID arrays
keeping one in his machine room and one in mine in different
buildings.  Then split them in two with DRDB running in pairs on the
four partitions.

Unless you have 100Bt or better between your machine rooms, you may find that this is quite slow. I'd do some replication benchmarks before doing a full implementation. ;)

I'm just hoping the DRDB solution finishes before the rsync one would. The rysnc might bite into core network hours because it starts after amanda has finished.

In someways after its setup the DRDB solution will be cleaner than rsync because we'll only be dealing with Amanda. Rysnc would need some sort of wrapper to handle errors.

I'm going to do some tesing though. :)

Owen.