Amanda-Users

Re: Compilation quirks

2005-09-19 21:51:06
Subject: Re: Compilation quirks
From: David Leangen <dleangen AT canada DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:43:37 +0900

Just for the archives, in case anybody else has the same problem...

 > I compiled both my client and server with the options:
 >
 >  --with-portrange=50000,50100 --with-udpportrange=512,520
 >

> However, when I run amdump, on my client machine, apparently
>  > it is attempting to use a different port.

I played around with this some more and noticed a few things that don't seem to be mentioned in the docs...

First, the settings for determining what port is used is indeed in the client configuration, not the server.

Second, there appear to be two configuration parameters for port numbers:

  --with-portrange
  --with-tcpportrange

Does anybody know what the difference is between the two?

In any case, I set both of these parameters to "=50000,50100" and my problem was solved.

> If I put the following in my config.site file, I get
> compilation errors:
>
> NO_SERVER_MODE=true
>
> However, if I use the command line option "--without-server",
> all is well.

Still curious about this issue, though.

Cheers,
Dave