Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with backup from 64bit Client

2005-09-19 07:49:56
Subject: Re: Problem with backup from 64bit Client
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Sebastian Kösters <skoesters AT sino DOT de>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 07:33:46 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 at 9:11am, Sebastian Kösters wrote

> On one Client we use Fedora 3 - 64bit for AMD64.
>
> I installed amanda-2.4.4p3-1.x86_64.rpm and
> amanda-client-2.4.4p3-1.x86_64.rpm.
>
> When i check everything with amcheck there are no erros. Everything seems to
> be ok.
>
> At 03:00 the Backup starts (the Client is online at this time).
>
> After the Backup i get the Report which says:
>
> These dumps were to tape DailySet103.
> The next tape Amanda expects to use is: DailySet104.
>
> FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>   client     /home lev 0 FAILED [Estimate timeout from check]
>   client     /opt lev 0 FAILED [Estimate timeout from check]
>   client     /var lev 0 FAILED [Estimate timeout from check]
>   client     /daten lev 0 FAILED [Estimate timeout from check]
>   client     /etc lev 0 FAILED [Estimate timeout from check]

You need to look at sendsize*debug on the client to see where exactly the
problem is.  At a guess, I'm going to say that /var is your problem
partition, and things may get a lot better if you exclude
/var/log/lastlog.

Of course, you can always just increase etimeout.  But it's good to know
what is taking so long.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering