Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda only backup 1st tape in correct size???Help????

2005-09-12 07:16:14
Subject: Re: Amanda only backup 1st tape in correct size???Help????
From: David Golden <dgolden AT cp.dias DOT ie>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:58:22 +0100
On 2005-09-12 09:34:44 +0200, Paul Bijnens wrote:

> The speed value is not used inside amanda, never mind.
> But it surely shows you have a problem somewhere else in the system,
> or connected the tapedrive to a very slow SCSI card.

Yeah.  I'm using a PV132T unit and here's what an amtapetype test
generated (bit different to the FAQ entry for it, but not amazingly
significantly, I just did it out of curiosity) - I guess that
speed is a bit more reasonable...

define tapetype IBM-LTO2 {
    comment "just produced by tapetype prog (hardware compression off)"
    length 197120 mbytes
    filemark 0 kbytes
    speed 29703 kps
}