Amanda-Users

Re: R: LTO-2 - Tape Type

2005-06-29 10:13:06
Subject: Re: R: LTO-2 - Tape Type
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:00:11 -0500
--On Wednesday, June 29, 2005 09:35:39 -0400 Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT
com> wrote:

> General question -- has anyone ever simply used the native capacity
> and a filemark of zero AND been bitten by amanda because of it?

Define 'bitten'.  On my first attempt at using amtapetype years ago, it
took forever to run (either the estimate size parameter didn't exist at
the time or I overlooked it while trying to grasp all of Amanda at once).

Since then I've just used the native size, and tweaked it down some if
runs unexpectedly hit EOT (although there are occaisional tapes that
are slightly shorter than normal).  Eventually you gom up with a length
that works 99.9% of the time.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                fsmith AT hoovers
DOT com