Amanda-Users

Re: R: LTO-2 - Tape Type

2005-06-29 06:48:09
Subject: Re: R: LTO-2 - Tape Type
From: Bert_De_Ridder AT peopleware DOT be
To: sgw AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:36:40 +0200

Is this a request   "Send me your tape-types everyone" ?

Bert

"Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
Sent by: owner-amanda-users AT amanda DOT org

29/06/2005 12:21
Please respond to
sgw AT amanda DOT org

amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
cc
Subject
Re: R: LTO-2 - Tape Type

Paul Bijnens wrote:
> Tom Brown wrote:
>
>> Yes i know - but rather than wait all that time i wondered if anyone
>> allready had one to hand.
>
> It takes about 4-7 hours, assuming you give a good '-e XXXg' value
> to amtapetype.

And about 1-2 minutes to post the result to amanda-users, for others to
find ;)

Maybe someone is motivated to grep for all those tapetypes out there and
collect them all in one big tapetype-list?

As I am thinking about splitting the tapetypes off from amanda.conf it
might me a good chance to start building a new collection ...

--
Stefan G. Weichinger
AMANDA core team member