Amanda-Users

AMANDA+Samba setup...

2005-06-23 13:53:58
Subject: AMANDA+Samba setup...
From: boztr0n <boztr0n AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:39:49 -0400
hey list,

It's my first time playing with Amanda and I've been working for the
past few days to setup one central amanda server on a linux box
(generic fedora 4, using stock Amanda + Samba rpms) to backup a single
directory on 30 or so wintel boxes. Basically where I'm at now is that
amcheck fails one trying to retrieve the files from the wintel boxes
via samba with the following error:

ERROR: bosch: [samba access error: //rockwell/docs: Error connecting
to 192.168.1.166 (Permission denied): Connection to rockwell failed:
returned 1]
ERROR: bosch: [samba access error: //brown/tmp: Error conERROR: bosch:
[samba access error: //rockwell/docs: Error connecting to
192.168.1.166 (Permission denied): Connection to rockwell failed:
returned 1]
ERROR: bosch: [samba access error: //brown/tmp: Error connecting to
192.168.1.131 (Permission denied): Connection to brown failed:
returned 1]
necting to 192.168.1.131 (Permission denied): Connection to brown
failed: returned 1]

... and so on, for each host, the same error.

When I take a look at the Amanda logs in /var here is what I see:

selfcheck: time 0.000: checking disk //rockwell/docs
selfcheck: time 0.000: spawning /usr/bin/smbclient in pipeline
selfcheck: argument list: smbclient \\rockwell\docs -U backup -E -W
NETSETGOODS -c quit
selfcheck: time 0.311: samba access error: //rockwell/docs: Error
connecting to 192.168.1.166 (Permission denied): Connection to
rockwell failed: returned 1

This is sort of funny because when I try and execute the smbclient
command wit the same exact parameters from a shell while logged in as
amanda the command executes without error.

Yes, I have /etc/amandapass setup correc
I've managed to google one fellow
(http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-February/080145.html) who
has had this problem but his suggestion (turn off "simple file
sharing" and the windoze firewall in XP) did not help.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
-b