Amanda-Users

Re: [off-topip] Better Backup Media

2005-06-21 09:16:44
Subject: Re: [off-topip] Better Backup Media
From: Yu Chen <chen AT hhmi.umbc DOT edu>
To: "Brandon D. Valentine" <brandon AT dvalentine DOT com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:06:42 -0400 (EDT)
Agree here. We like AIT. And now AIT-4 is out.

Chen

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 08:17:55PM -0300, Fabricio Luiz Machado wrote:
Hi.
Some of my DDS-4 tapes are bad (I/O error).
So... i?m thinking if these tapes are trustworthy... :-/
Are there another better solution, that I can trust more than DDS-4 ?
Maybe DLT ?

DLT has a good track record, but is expensive and been obsoleted by
newer technologies.  A lot of us here speak very highly of AIT, and it's
positioned to replace DDS in the market.  I'd look into AIT.

Brandon

Yu Chen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Chemistry Building, Rm 182
University of Maryland at Baltimore County
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250

phone:  (410)455-6347 (primary)
        (410)455-2718 (secondary)