Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda - External HDD's

2005-06-08 09:26:25
Subject: Re: Amanda - External HDD's
From: "Aaron Wohl" <freebsd AT soith DOT com>
To: "Tom Brown" <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>, "amanda-users" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 07:14:55 -0600
I had terrible problems with hotpluging on linux, slow, hangs, os
crashes. We ended up with a LaCie 500gb usb disk on openbsd 3.6.  Amanda
is fine with it... if you can get the OS to hotplug a disk ok.  It
varies a lot with exactly what controller is in the USB2 hard disk... so
be sure that any testing is done with the exact model disk you plan to
buy in quantity for backups.