Amanda-Users

Amanda - External HDD's

2005-06-08 08:57:31
Subject: Amanda - External HDD's
From: Tom Brown <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 13:43:25 +0100
Hi

Not entirely and only related to amanda but i'm sure people have done this before so here we go ;)

Linux amanda server (WBEL4) and its using filedriver for virtual tapes as client does not want to spend $$$ on an LTO3 drive - a LOT of data here.

So anyone used USB2/Firewire external HDD's as their virtual tapes? How does amanda/Linux handle this? I presume that amanda does not really care and that this is prehaps more a Linux question but any gotchas? makes to avoid? Does Linux mind hotplugging?

Thanks guys