Amanda-Users

Re: What will i do if a backup is not successfull?

2005-06-06 20:24:11
Subject: Re: What will i do if a backup is not successfull?
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 20:05:01 -0400
* Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT fr> [20050606 16:17]:
> Jean-Francois Malouin wrote:
>
> >    su amanda -c "/opt/amanda/amanda6/sbin/amdump archival-conf6 bullcalf \
> >    /data/ipl/ipl10/broche/colindata"
> >
> >The DLE from the disklist:
> >
> >bullcalf /data/ipl/ipl10/broche/colindata /data/ipl/ipl10/broche/colindata
> >{
> >    tar-archival
> >    exclude append "./ave/*"
> >    exclude append "./brainvisa/*"
> >    exclude append "./pd/*"
> >    exclude append "./t1/*"
> >    exclude append "./t2/*"
> >    exclude append "./vaisseaux/*"
> >}
> >

> >Problem: that DLE has exclude list and it seems that all excluded
> >subdirs are making it to tape. Is this the normal/expected behaviour?
>
> Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the DLE
> /data/ipl/ipl10/broche/colindata is interpreted as matching expression
> just like `amadmin find' does it.  Which means that every DLE on host
> bullcalf starting with this string would get dumped, as individual DLEs
> of course.  Is that what you observe?  In that case, simply adding a
> dollar sign `$' to the end of the DLE will stop it from matching at the
> beginning.

yes, this is what I observed. Your comment about matching expression
makes much sense. I should have thought about that first.
I will test it next a similar situation occurs.

Thank you for your input,
jf

PS. I'm sorry to have hijacked that thread.