Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda backup of Read-Only NFS shares

2005-06-01 11:20:07
Subject: Re: Amanda backup of Read-Only NFS shares
From: Peter Mueller <peter.mueller.ls AT elimpex DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 16:49:12 +0200
Hi Mark!

I have a read-only NFS share provided by a Windows 2000 server machine and I want to back it up with my AMANDA cycle. I keep getting these errors though:

? gtar: ./foo/bar: Warning: Cannot stat: Permission denied
? gtar: ./foo/baz: Warning: Cannot stat: Permission denied

Is there anything I can do to effectively back up these files without getting these warnings, a tar parameter perhaps (I couldn't find on in the man page for tar)? Setting the NFS share to be read-write isn't an option.

As you allready wrote, its read-only so tar cant set inode dates etc.
So you wont be able to do propper incremental backups.
You could baybe do full backups every amanda run, but as I dont use
this, I am not aware who to propper configure this.

Bye, Peter
WOTLmade