Amanda-Users

Forcing amanda to rescan the changer ?

2005-05-20 11:33:51
Subject: Forcing amanda to rescan the changer ?
From: Guy Dallaire <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 11:20:38 -0400
It looks like with chg-zd-mtx, amanda always grabs the first tape it
sees fit, instead of taking the "expected" tape.

For example, amanda is supposed to do the next dump with tape
DailySet1-010, in the changer we have (in this order)

DailySet1-010
DailySet1-011
DailySet1-012

Suppose the current slot is 3.  If I run amdump, amanda uses the 012
tape instead of the 010. I'd prefer to use the tapes in order of
rotation (easier to send tape offsite by "batch" of dumpcycle) but it
looks like amanda will not rescan the changer at each run and take the
tape in the current clot if it fits the naming schema and is not
active.

Is there a way to tell amanda to look for the "expected" tape first ?

Thanks