Amanda-Users

re-dumping failed hosts/disks and planner question

2005-05-19 12:34:30
Subject: re-dumping failed hosts/disks and planner question
From: Guy Dallaire <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 12:14:21 -0400
Suppose amanda was not able to dump some host yesterday (all estimates
timed for all disks of that host). If I put a new tape in the drive,
and do an "amdump config host /diskx /disky", will this dump be
accounted for by the planner ? I mean, if the planner decided to
backup thoses disks later and I do it NOW, will it be aware of that ?

Another bonus question:

In the amanda man pages, I see usage syntax I'm not familiar with.
There are options listed like this (amadmin man page example)

force-bump [ hostname [ disks ]* ]+

Now suppose that I have 3 hosts hosta, hostb and hostc and ecah one
has 3 disks: diska diskb and diskc

does this mean that these syntaxes are correct ?

amadmin myconfig force-bump hosta
amadmin myconfig force-bump hosta hostb diska diskb
amadmin myconfig force-bump hosta diskc hostb

Thanks