Amanda-Users

Estimate phase failed for all disks: server not backed up...

2005-05-19 11:03:40
Subject: Estimate phase failed for all disks: server not backed up...
From: Guy Dallaire <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 10:47:26 -0400
Here is what I have in my amanda log this morning:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  planner: ERROR Estimate timeout from sol
  sol        /data2 lev 0 FAILED [disk /data2, all estimate timed out]
  sol        /data1 lev 0 FAILED [disk /data1, all estimate timed out]
  sol        /disk1 lev 0 FAILED [disk /disk1, all estimate timed out]
  sol        / lev 0 FAILED [disk /, all estimate timed out]

What might be wrong here ? The first time I ran amanda, it backed up
this server without a problem.  The timeout parameter is at the
standard 300 secs. I bumped it up to 600 seconds for the next run but
I'm worried.

I did not change anything to the config, except maybe yesterday I did
an "amdamin force sol /" because I decided to start using gnu-tar
instead of ufsdump on all my root file systems.