Amanda-Users

Re: Estimate phase failed for all disks: server not backed up...

2005-05-19 11:30:22
Subject: Re: Estimate phase failed for all disks: server not backed up...
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 11:12:09 -0400
On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 10:47:26AM -0400, Guy Dallaire wrote:
> Here is what I have in my amanda log this morning:
>
> FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>   planner: ERROR Estimate timeout from sol
>   sol        /data2 lev 0 FAILED [disk /data2, all estimate timed out]
>   sol        /data1 lev 0 FAILED [disk /data1, all estimate timed out]
>   sol        /disk1 lev 0 FAILED [disk /disk1, all estimate timed out]
>   sol        / lev 0 FAILED [disk /, all estimate timed out]
>
> What might be wrong here ? The first time I ran amanda, it backed up
> this server without a problem.  The timeout parameter is at the
> standard 300 secs. I bumped it up to 600 seconds for the next run but
> I'm worried.
>
> I did not change anything to the config, except maybe yesterday I did
> an "amdamin force sol /" because I decided to start using gnu-tar
> instead of ufsdump on all my root file systems.

raise them way up, say 6000 sec to just to see if it simply is slow.

BTW in general it is best to introduce a lot of things a few DLE at
a time.  This avoids the problem of massive level 0's all in one dump.
Spread them out like amanda will eventually.  Add a couple from sol,
a couple from mercury, one or two from venus, ...  Then tomorrow
a few more.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)