Amanda-Users

amindexd no such file or directory

2005-05-12 11:44:58
Subject: amindexd no such file or directory
From: Chuck Amadi <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 16:17:57 +0100
Hi All

I have run the amdump and thus tried amrecover as root
I got this error when I run less command

server:/tmp/amanda-dbg # less 13:46 amindexd.20050512134638.debug
13:46: No such file or directory

I dont have this utility in my /sbin/am*

So what next I have seen the blurb about Amindex.

Amindex was a collection of code that added dump indexing and more
friendly recovery to amanda-2.3.0.  It has since been fully integrated
into amanda-2.3.0.X.  An index of the files in each dump image is
generated as part of the dump process and stored in a database.  A
tool, amrecover, is provided which lets users browse the database.
Once a set of files to recover has been assembled, amrecover
"automates" the restoration of these files.

This file describes how the index files are generated and how amrecover
is used.

Cheers

Chuck

--
Unix/ Linux Systems Administrator

The Surgical Material Testing Laboratory (SMTL),
Princess of Wales Hospital
Coity Road
Bridgend,
United Kingdom, CF31 1RQ.