Amanda-Users

Re: amindexd no such file or directory - Oops

2005-05-12 12:57:36
Subject: Re: amindexd no such file or directory - Oops
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 11:35:52 -0500

--On Thursday, May 12, 2005 17:01:24 +0100 Chuck Amadi <chuck AT smtl.co DOT
uk> wrote:

> Hi Great your right but why do I get this error no such file or
> directory when I run amrecover to test if I can recover what's in my
> amdump tape my amindexd does resides in my /amanda path/libexec .
>
> Cheers here's my debug log when I run less
>
> amindexd: debug 1 pid 7904 ruid 150 euid 150: start at Thu May 12
> 13:46:38 2005
> amindexd: version 2.4.4p4
> amindexd: time 0.000: < 220 server AMANDA index server (2.4.4p4) ready.
> amindexd: time 0.000: > SECURITY USER root
> amindexd: time 0.001: bsd security: remote host server.domain.co.uk user
> root local user amanda
> amindexd: time 0.001: check failed: [access as amanda not allowed from
> root AT server.domain.co DOT uk] amandahostsauth failed
> amindexd: time 0.001: < 500 Access not allowed: [access as amanda not
> allowed from root AT server.domain.co DOT uk] amandahostsauth failed

This is your problem   ^^^

> amindexd: time 0.001: < 200 Good bye.
> amindexd: time 0.001: pid 7904 finish time Thu May 12 13:46:38 2005
>
> I am using amanda as user and disk as group whats this user group.
> I run the command as Root.

In order to run amrestore/amrecover your .amandahosts file on the
server must allow root access from the client, so add
server.domain.co.uk root
to your .amandahosts  file on the server.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673