Amanda-Users

Re: WARNING: server.domain.co.uk: selfcheck request timed out. Host down?

2005-05-09 09:34:29
Subject: Re: WARNING: server.domain.co.uk: selfcheck request timed out. Host down?
From: Martin Hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
To: chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 14:19:33 +0100
Chuck

the .amandahosts should be something like

server.domain.co.uk root
server.domain.co.uk amanda

odd output from netstat -a, this shouldn't respond until you 'ping' the appropriate port..

also check the logs (usually /tmp/amanda for any clues, as well as making sure the amanda in /etc/xinet.d is properly configured to allow the local host access to itself.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Chuck Amadi wrote:
Hi I added the files amanda and amandaix to /etc/xinetd.d
enable running chkconfig -s xinetd 345 and rebooted.

server:~ # netstat -a | grep -i amanda
tcp        0      0 *:amandaidx             *:*
LISTEN
udp        0      0 *:amanda                *:*
server:~ # lsof | grep amanda
xinetd    5774     root    5u  IPv4       8186                UDP
*:amanda
xinetd    5774     root    8u  IPv4       8188                TCP
*:amandaidx (LISTEN)
server:~ #

Also in /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts I have my client

#localhost amanda
server.domain.co.uk /etc comp-root-tar

But I still get WARNING: server.domain.co.uk: selfcheck request timed
out.  Host down?

Any Ideas relating to my Client being down.

the system manager.