Amanda-Users

WARNING: server.domain.co.uk: selfcheck request timed out. Host down?

2005-05-09 05:22:37
Subject: WARNING: server.domain.co.uk: selfcheck request timed out. Host down?
From: Chuck Amadi <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 10:04:25 +0100
Hi I have a standalone tape server
And I haven't and not running xinet.d services when I built amanda it
did not build a /honme/amanda directory thus I haven't got a .amandahost
file but one does have such a file
in /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts.rpmsave

I get this warning Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
WARNING: server.domain.co.uk: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
Client check: 1 host checked in 30.002 seconds, 1 problem found

I assume that I my tape server cant see the client which is the same
machine.

I have checked and I have got in the /etc/services and I still get host
is down!.

Cheers

Chuck

--
Unix/ Linux Systems Administrator

The Surgical Material Testing Laboratory (SMTL),
Princess of Wales Hospital
Coity Road
Bridgend,
United Kingdom, CF31 1RQ.