Amanda-Users

Re: autoflush

2005-03-16 13:07:15
Subject: Re: autoflush
From: Gaby vanhegan <gaby AT vanhegan DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:49:47 +0000
On 16 Mar 2005, at 13:15, Jon LaBadie wrote:

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 12:53:02PM +0000, Gaby vanhegan wrote:
Hello!

Is there any reason why I would not want to set autoflush to "yes" in
amanda.conf?  I have plenty of space on my tapes (40gb tapes, usually
2-5gb backups) and as far as I can see this will simply lower the
amount of admin I have to do?

I'm sure there are many more, I'll just throw out one.

I want each day's dumps on separate tapes.  Doesn't matter to me,
but someone who manages the location of tapes by date might care.

This is on a daily backup set that runs a 7-day incremental cycle and I'd prefer it to just flush things to tape, as all the tapes in the set are in the changer. So I could safely go ahead and turn this on?

Gaby

--
Uganda Maximum - Enemy of the English Thrust
gaby AT vanhegan DOT net