Amanda-Users

What to do about a failing back-up?

2005-03-10 10:44:36
Subject: What to do about a failing back-up?
From: "Erik P. Olsen" <erik AT epo DOT dk>
To: Amanda Users List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:25:21 +0100
I have had a peculiar situation where a back-up failed to succeed. The
error message was:
epo.dk     /var lev 2 FAILED [no more holding disk space]

It later turned out not to be too little holding disk space. I had
simply forgotten to set the write inhibit switch off when I inserted the
tape. Of course the holding space ran full and that was later written to
tape by the amflush command. So far so good, but what about all the data
that was not backed-up when the staging area ran full? Has that been
backed up by the amflush command? If not what shall I do (have done) in
this case?

--
Regards,
Erik P. Olsen