Amanda-Users

Two sets of tapes (aka on site and off site)

2005-03-09 03:56:18
Subject: Two sets of tapes (aka on site and off site)
From: Jobst Schmalenbach <jobst AT barrett.com DOT au>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 19:39:13 +1100
All,

I have tried to search the docs and faq for this but
couldnt find any info.

I want to use two sets off tapes so I can have one
on-site and one off-site and swap those every second
week or so.

How do I do this?
Do I use two different Sets, eg. DailySet1 and DailySet2?

Do I make two daily sets with 10 tapes each, so I
can backup 5 times (workdays) a weeks for 2 weeks
and then swap the sets?

Do I name the two tape sets with the same labels
and then just swap them over?

Not sure ....

jobst