Amanda-Users

Re: Dump larger than tape error

2005-03-01 06:23:56
Subject: Re: Dump larger than tape error
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 06:12:14 -0500
On Monday 28 February 2005 18:00, Gene Heskett wrote:
[...]

>89% full now.  But thats doable in the interests of advancing amanda
>if I can help.  I've reduced the size of the vtape in my amanda.conf
>so that there should be a potential overrun of a gig or thereabouts
>for a normal routine run, and increased runtapes to 2.

>From the mail report, and from looking at the pair of tapes used, I
would come to the conclusion that the file that hit EOT for the first
of the two tapes used, although only 1.5GB of it was written when
this occured, it apparently started from byte one when it wrote that
file in its entire 2.3GB entirety on the second tape.

John Stange, is there a keyword to enable this that needs to be
inserted into the amanda.conf?

Humm, on grepping the patch, it appears there is a new keyword to be
defined in the dumptype, and duh, I didn't do that.  Sigh...

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: