Amanda-Users

Re: Dump larger than tape error

2005-02-28 16:30:43
Subject: Re: Dump larger than tape error
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:25:33 -0500
On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 01:43:39PM -0700, Fairbank, Bob wrote:
> Hi.
> I am definetly going to need to back up filesystems that are larger than
> the
> capacity of a single tape (SDLT).  Apparently, amanda has a limitation
> with this.
> True?  Any idea when it will be able to do this?
> Thanks.

I presume you have already looked at amanda docs describing alternatives
and found them wanting?

If so, John Stange has been working on tape spanning patches to amanda.
Several sites have been using the patches for a while, but it is still
considered 'beta' and not part of the current amanda distribution.

See this list last week for locations where the patch can be obtained.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)