Amanda-Users

Re: Same problem .... Amanda runs out of tape

2005-02-14 10:37:27
Subject: Re: Same problem .... Amanda runs out of tape
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:32:33 -0500
On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 10:23:59AM +0100, S.Krumme AT stadt-duisburg DOT de
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using a HP Drive 40/80 GB and I am experiencing the same problem. The
> DLT has been changed twice. Backup was fine for two
> days and today amanda was running again out of tape. Size of the backup is
> 12,5 GB what should be no problem. Its exactly as described
> the backup is running fine for some time, then SCSI errors occur, and the
> backup runs out tape.
> Im quite fed up with this matter at the moment, as my backup is quites
> scramble up by this. I have been searching for the error for some days,
> replaced tapes, replaced the DLT.
>
> Its frustrating.

Generally we seem to respond to questions of the form
"will this drive work with amanda?" with something
just short of "they all do".

Only regular exception I recall were ? onStream ?
drives, do I have that one right?

With three similar reports about this specific HP drive,
it sounds like we should add another exception.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)