Amanda-Users

Re: Running multiple instances of amanda

2005-02-03 14:21:32
Subject: Re: Running multiple instances of amanda
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 14:16:09 -0500
On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 01:59:04PM -0500, Vicki Stanfield wrote:
> I got a little further on my attempts to run backups via the new
> install. It appears to backup using the new binary except that the changes to
> /etc/inetd.conf seem to have caused some of the backups not to work.
> For some reason, amcheck is reporting that there is no .amanda-exclude
> file on each entry in the amanda disklist file (for a certain machine
> at least). That machine is indeed up and that file doesn't exist there,
> but it didn't when I was running 2.4.2p2-4 either and I never got these
> errors. Did something significant change between those versions in this
> area?
>
> The output from the dump last night indicated that these backups had failed.
>
> ERROR: morimoto: [Can't open exclude file
> '/net/morimoto/client/.amanda-exclude': No such file or directory]
> ERROR: morimoto: [Can't open exclude file
> '/net/morimoto/project/gelato/.amanda-exclude': No such file or
> directory]
> ERROR: morimoto: [Can't open exclude file
> '/net/morimoto/project/redhat/redhat-updates/.amanda-exclude': No such
> file or directory]
>
> And more. However some on a different filesystem did succeed. What am I
> missing here?

IIRC, checking by amcheck was added and the "optional" capability to the
exclude parameter was added to the config file.  Basically saying - if it
is there, use it, if not don't.  But don't complain.
 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)