Amanda-Users

Trouble with amrestore

2005-02-02 11:19:57
Subject: Trouble with amrestore
From: Steve H <big_dog_steve AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 08:13:06 -0800 (PST)
Hi Everyone.
   I am having some touble doing a restore from a client.  I backed up
/root on a remote debian box as a test, and it was a success.  When I
login to the remote debian box, and try to do a amrecover, the client
says:

AMRECOVER Version 2.4.3. Contacting server on <client>
amrecover: cannot connect to <client>: Connection
refused

What I am confused about, is the client thinking itself is the server.
Where is this changed, and how should I have configured the client
correctly in the first place?

Thanks for any help possible.
Steve