Amanda-Users

Re: amanda tar and star again

2005-01-28 10:14:35
Subject: Re: amanda tar and star again
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:59:24 -0500
On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 08:22:49AM +0100, Claus Rosenberger wrote:
> > Related to your original post on the subject, it was suggested that
> > you see if star supported all the arguments and options that amanda
> > expected to see supported by gnutar and if it was compatible with
> > the formats and error messages that gnutar generates.  Were you
> > able to do that?  If star is not usable, a wrapper is of little value.
>
> as described star should be able to do all these things but i will check
> it again. is there a doc-file where all options of tar which are used are
> described or listed or do i have to look into the source code?

No document that I know of.  In my first email on this thread
I mentioned the debug files you can use to see the arguments
used and a way to have your wrapper script, during testing,
record the arguments.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)