Amanda-Users

Re: amanda tar and star again

2005-01-27 11:47:45
Subject: Re: amanda tar and star again
From: "Claus Rosenberger" <Claus.Rosenberger AT rocnet DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:42:27 +0100 (CET)
>>it would be nice if amanda will be packaged with a compiled in
>> wrapper tar script instead of running tar from /usr/bin. perhaps
>> it's possible to run /usr/lib/amanda/tar-wrapper wich is calling
>> /usr/bin/tar again. that script could be changed then to call
>> /usr/bin/star.
>>
> If building it from scratch, this is no problem Claus.  You just use a
> line in your config script that says
> --with-gnutar=your-wrapper-script, just like in this script I use:

i could build from scratch but then i have a lot of work to upgrade amanda
to newer versions. i think i have to ask the debian maintainer if that
makes sense in the official debian package. but it would be easier if
amanda offer the concept. the maintainer would include it i think.

but if there is no other way i have to build it from scratch every time a
new version comes out

claus