Amanda-Users

Antwort: Re: Incredible slow write / Converting tapes

2005-01-11 08:59:10
Subject: Antwort: Re: Incredible slow write / Converting tapes
From: S.Krumme AT stadt-duisburg DOT de
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:50:39 +0100

Hi Stefan,

errrm, stupid and confused as I was I actually changed it to 32 bytes (!), but now I corrected it, setting a value of 32768.

Sorry for messing this up. I now started a new try with this setting. My fault, that I didn´t made a written notice when I changed the blocksize on the old machine.
Now I hope, it will run as good as it used to before I changed the hardware.

Resulting from the several tries, I now have several tapes labeled with various blocksizes. How can I convert them back to the correct one. I assume amlabel won´t do it, cause when I tried, it is not able to read the tape header.

Again sorry for my confusing posts, but I am working on this quite a few days and the more I try the more confused I get.

Kind regards

Sandra Krumme

"Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
Gesendet von: owner-amanda-users AT amanda DOT org

11.01.2005 14:27
Bitte antworten zu
amanda-users AT amanda DOT org

An
amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Kopie
Thema
Re: Incredible slow write / Converting tapes

Hi, Paul,

on Dienstag, 11. Jänner 2005 at 14:14 you wrote to amanda-users:

>> These problems I had resolved by using fresh tapes and by setting the
>> default block size of the tape device to 32, which was the original
>> setting.

PB> blocksize of 32 bytes?  Or do you mean 32 Kbytes?

PB> If the blocksize if 32 bytes, then, yes, that is incredebly slow.

Errrm, yes ...
--
best regards,
Stefan