Amanda-Users

Incredible slow write / Converting tapes

2005-01-11 07:57:34
Subject: Incredible slow write / Converting tapes
From: S.Krumme AT stadt-duisburg DOT de
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:41:54 +0100

Hi all,

after moving my backup hard- and software to another machine, I encountered several problems. One was due to faulty tapes, the other due to the fact that I didn´t knew the blocksize I set the tape device on the old machine.
These problems I had resolved by using fresh tapes and by setting the default block size of the tape device to 32, which was the original setting.

Now my backup is up an running again. But when I start amdump, the filesystems are dumped quickly as usual, but when the taper starts writing it takes extremly long.
Here is an example:

10.0.1.5:/                    1    55424k writing to tape (12:20:40)

Now its 13:42 and it is still writing.

Any idea whats wrong now ?

Best regards

Sandra Krumme