Amanda-Users

Automating the labeling of tapes

2004-12-29 08:11:07
Subject: Automating the labeling of tapes
From: "Kevin Alford" <kevin.alford AT tmctechnologies DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 08:00:44 -0500

I need some help.  I am running Amanda 2.4.2p2 on AIX 5.2 ML6.  I have a Quantum ATL SuperLoader tape library with a DLT1 drive.

It holds 15 tapes with another slot for my cleaning tape.  I would like to setup Amanda to automatically label my tapes, so that I can have a totally lights out backup environment.  I have not been able to install mtx on AIX 5.2.  Below is what my Amanda.conf looks like regarding my tape device.

define tapetype SuperDLT1 {

    comment "Quantum SuperDLT1"

    length 96868 mbytes

    filemark 8 kbytes           # don't know a better value

    speed 9142 kbytes           # dito

}

I am configuring the chg-scsi script to support my environment.  I believe that is the right changer script for me to use, but welcome any advice.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Kevin D. Alford