Amanda-Users

Re: Antw: Re: Filesize too big

2004-12-22 09:32:19
Subject: Re: Antw: Re: Filesize too big
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:19:46 -0500
On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 08:47:21AM +0100, Mathias Indermuehle wrote:
> Thanks for your answer..
>
> Badly it doesn't realy help.. the problem is not on the holdingdisk,
> its on the "tape" - I use a harddisk to backup these files.
> The setting made smaller files at the holdingdisk, but not on the tape
> (destination disk).
>
> If there is no other posibility it would be a hint if someone can tell
> me how to get these splitet files togethere.. (then I can use a script
> to put them on the backup disk manualy and when I need a restore I can
> put them togethere and unpack them)

I, and I'm sure Gene and others, thought you were writing to tape,
not virtual tapes.

On the disk drive where the vtapes reside, is there sufficient space?
If so, can't you just increase the virtual size in the tapetype definition?

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)