Amanda-Users

Re: driver going to degraded mode

2004-12-20 09:33:03
Subject: Re: driver going to degraded mode
From: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
To: Kai Zimmer <kai AT zimmer DOT net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:49:12 +0100
Kai Zimmer wrote:
> FATAL taper syncpipe_put: Broken pipe
> WARNING driver going into degraded mode because of tape error.
> ----------------------------snap----------------------------------------
> Could this "Broken pipe" have come from me killing the taper process
> after it got stuck? What a pity there's no timestamp...

Definitely.  Your killing the taper process would very probably result
un that message.

You said you killed taper because it had become very slow.  Just a shot
in the dark, is your holding disk fine?  Mine sometimes get a hiccup and
lose DMA (on Linux, see /var/log/kern.log), and then dumping/flushing
gets *really* slow.

Alex

--
Alexander Jolk         /         BUF Compagnie
tel +33-1 42 68 18 28 /  fax +33-1 42 68 18 29