Amanda-Users

Re: tar version 1.14 not good !

2004-12-20 07:40:08
Subject: Re: tar version 1.14 not good !
From: Michael Loftis <mloftis AT wgops DOT com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 05:30:39 -0700

--On Monday, December 20, 2004 12:55 +0100 Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com> wrote:

Just had my first bad experience with gnutar 1.14.

It seems there is a bug when restoring archives with sparse files.

When restoring with gnutar 1.14, you cannot restore
a sparse file and ALL OTHER FILES AFTER THAT MEMBER.

And just recently someone asked my why I enjoy living in the 'stone age' with Debian Stable (AKA Woody)

root@web0:~# tar --version
tar (GNU tar) 1.13.25
This program comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute it under the terms of the GNU General Public License;
see the file named COPYING for details.
Written by John Gilmore and Jay Fenlason.
root@web0:~#

g'day mates.