Amanda-Users

Re: dumps delayed

2004-12-17 14:14:48
Subject: Re: dumps delayed
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: Vicki Stanfield <vicki AT progeny DOT com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:00:05 -0500
Dump larger than tape is "the sum of the dumps is projected to be
larger than the tape capacity" therefore something will be skipped.

It will eventually get to tape but you might want to tell us a little
bit more, number/capacity of the partitions in the disklist, tape
capacity, runs/cycle, dumpcycle from amanda.conf.

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 01:35:17PM -0500, Vicki Stanfield wrote:
> I am running Amanda on a network that I administer. I don't have a lot
> of Amanda experience, having always used afio scripts that I wrote. I
> inherited this backup config and am trying to get up to speed on it. I
> see several of these messages stating that the dump is being delayed.
> Obviously I want to ensure that the dump eventually makes it to tape. Is
> there an amanda command to tell me this?
>
> planner: Dump larger than tape: full dump of
> +mymachine:/home delayed.
>
> Vicki
---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org