Amanda-Users

Re: Amrecover on Redhat 7.3 failing

2004-12-03 09:40:08
Subject: Re: Amrecover on Redhat 7.3 failing
From: TJ <tariq.juneja AT gmail DOT com>
To: Martin Hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 13:59:46 +0000
Hi Martin

Thanks for this I am not really sure if you're saying that it has to
be recompiled on the main Amanda server? Also it sounds as if I do not
know my config that well - so will have to look at where the dump is
set for location at the moment.

TIA

Tariq

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 13:52:08 +0000, Martin Hepworth
<martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com> wrote:
> Tariq
>
> it's not finding dump at that location. On Linux systems dump/restore
> isn't always a good option as Linus thinks they are outdated and thus
> doesn't make sure the filesystems are working with dump.
>
> You might have to recompile with dump in the correct location, or use
> tar sa the backup program (see the backup styles in amanda.conf on the
> server). Again you have to compile with --tar= pointing to the correct spot.
>
> --
> Martin Hepworth
> Snr Systems Administrator
> Solid State Logic
> Tel: +44 (0)1865 842300
>

> TJ wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have amanda set up on a Solaris 8 serevr and it is successfully
> > backing up and restoring Solaris and windows files.  However with
> > Redhat 7.3 I am getting the following errors
> >
> > warning: restore program for /sbin/dump not available.
> > amrecover couldn't exec: No such file or directory
> >  problem executing restore
> > extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1
> >
> > Any assistance greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Tariq Juneja
> > Hosting and Operations
> > MTV Networks Europe
> > 00 44 207 478 6379

> the system manager.
>
> This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept
> for the presence of computer viruses and is believed to be clean.

tariq.juneja AT gmail DOT com