Amanda-Users

Re: Amrecover on Redhat 7.3 failing

2004-12-01 08:57:03
Subject: Re: Amrecover on Redhat 7.3 failing
From: Martin Hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
To: TJ AT omniscient DOT com
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 13:52:08 +0000
Tariq

it's not finding dump at that location. On Linux systems dump/restore isn't always a good option as Linus thinks they are outdated and thus doesn't make sure the filesystems are working with dump.

You might have to recompile with dump in the correct location, or use tar sa the backup program (see the backup styles in amanda.conf on the server). Again you have to compile with --tar= pointing to the correct spot.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

TJ wrote:
Hi

I have amanda set up on a Solaris 8 serevr and it is successfully
backing up and restoring Solaris and windows files.  However with
Redhat 7.3 I am getting the following errors

warning: restore program for /sbin/dump not available.
amrecover couldn't exec: No such file or directory
 problem executing restore
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Regards

Tariq Juneja
Hosting and Operations