Amanda-Users

Re: Amrecover on Redhat 7.3 failing

2004-12-01 08:58:12
Subject: Re: Amrecover on Redhat 7.3 failing
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: TJ AT omniscient DOT com
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 08:51:38 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 at 1:29pm, TJ wrote

> I have amanda set up on a Solaris 8 serevr and it is successfully
> backing up and restoring Solaris and windows files.  However with
> Redhat 7.3 I am getting the following errors
>
> warning: restore program for /sbin/dump not available.
> amrecover couldn't exec: No such file or directory
>  problem executing restore
> extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1

amrecover is trying to run 'restore', and it can't find it.  IIRC, the
restore program is run on the tape server.  So Solaris doesn't have a
restore compatible with Linux's dump.  There's a shock.

The easiest way to get your data would be to 'amrestore' the image off the
tape, ship it to the Linux box, and run restore on the dump image.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering