Amanda-Users

Re: Setting up Amanda on Redhat with hp Autoloader help

2004-11-17 11:23:44
Subject: Re: Setting up Amanda on Redhat with hp Autoloader help
From: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: "Zadikem, Travis-taz" <tzadikem AT picosecond DOT com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:20:21 +0100
Hi,
yes i've working an hp 24x6 with amanda. not on redhat, but on debian, which is no big difference related to amanda.
one big gotcha:
the changer and the tapedrive share the same scsi-id, with different lun's. So if you want it to get working you have to use a kernel with multiple lun support enabled. Otherwise you'll only see the tapedrive and not the robot needed for changing the tapes.
just do a

cat /proc/scsi/scsi

to see if it found all devices needed.
on my host it returns:

Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
  Vendor: IBM      Model: DDYS-T36950N     Rev: S96H
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 03
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 03 Lun: 00
  Vendor: TEAC     Model: CD-ROM CD-532S   Rev: 1.0A
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 06 Lun: 00
  Vendor: HP       Model: C1557A           Rev: U812
  Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 06 Lun: 01
  Vendor: HP       Model: C1557A           Rev: U812
  Type:   Medium Changer                   ANSI SCSI revision: 02

the last 2 devices are the tape and the robot.
Atached is an archiv containig my configuration files for the archiv-Backups taken weekly and for chg-scsi to move the changer.
have a lot of fun with it... ;-)
Christoph

Zadikem, Travis-taz schrieb:
Has anyone successfully setup and has running Amanda on Redhat 9.x with an
HP Autoloader (24x6 or 40x6).  If so, can you please send me the configs. I
can't
seem to get mine working properly and we would like to use it for backing up
our repository if possible. Also, any starter manuals and such would be very very helpful.

Newbie to Amanda and Autoloaders on Linux,

Travis A. Zadikem