Amanda-Users

Re: Setting up Amanda on Redhat with hp Autoloader help

2004-11-17 10:21:25
Subject: Re: Setting up Amanda on Redhat with hp Autoloader help
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: "Zadikem, Travis-taz" <tzadikem AT picosecond DOT com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:17:17 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 at 8:07am, Zadikem, Travis-taz wrote

> Has anyone successfully setup and has running Amanda on Redhat 9.x with an
> HP Autoloader (24x6 or 40x6).  If so, can you please send me the configs. I
> can't
> seem to get mine working properly and we would like to use it for backing up
> our repository if possible.  Also, any starter manuals and such would be
> very very helpful.

This sort of question has been asked often, so check the list archives.
The general order of things is to

1) Get the changer recognized by the OS (basic SCSI type stuff).

2) Get the changer working with the OS (i.e. control the robot -- mtx is
   the program you're looking for here).

3) Configure amanda to work with the changer.  I use the chg-zd-mtx
   script, which is self-documented -- instructions on how to create the
   config file are in the changer script itself.

4) Come back here with specific problems, if there are any.

Good luck.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering