Amanda-Users

Re: Is there any problem with filesystem ext3

2004-11-16 18:20:08
Subject: Re: Is there any problem with filesystem ext3
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Mutt Users <mutt-users AT mutt DOT org>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:10:32 -0500
On Tuesday 16 November 2004 16:36, Sören Edzen wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I can make backups of /etc and /usr/local/cvsroot but when I try to
>make backups of katalogs in my home-dir it doesn't work. I get the
>following when I run amcheck:
>
>[snip]
>ERROR: zampo: [could not access /usr/home/soredz/Mail
>(/usr/home/soredz/Mail): No such file or +directory]
>[/snip]
>
>One difference I can see is that both /etc and /usr is in a reiserfs
>file system but /home is in a ext3 file system. Could this be the
>cause of this error? If not, what could then be the cause.
>I'd really appreciate helぽ on this matter.
>
>TIA

You didn't say if you were using dump, or tar.  Dump is filesystem
specific, so if you are using a version for reiserfs, its not going
to work with an ext3 partition.  But I don't think tar cares since
its a file reader.  Dump has now bit the majority of us, so I use tar
exclusively now for quite some time.

The other possibility is permissions, possibly from a broken amanda
install?

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: